Monday 7 November 2011

Woolly jumper transformation

A while ago a friend of mine gave me a really long and rather shabby looking wool cardigan.  After I tried it on and decided it definetely didn't improve my looks (let's face it it's going to take more than a wolly cardi to do that!) I still couldn't bring myself to just give it away. I kinda felt sorry for it ; after all it had already been rejected once, I couldn't possibly abandon it as well ( ok maybe it had no feelings but it sure looked a sad case!). Anyway I'd alway wanted to have a go at felting and I'd read somewhere you could reproduce the felt effect by boiling wool. This was going to be the only opportunity I'd get to shrink wool for free since I NEVER buy pure wool jumpers. Firstly because they make me itch but also because they need hand washing and I don't do hand washing. Anything that requires hand wash ends up living at the bottom of the washing basket for a fair few months before I can bring myself to deal with it. Anyway here is the transformation from cardigan to ...shoulder bag!


Ideal to display my cancer research badges
(another three to be added!)

Handmade flowers apart from orange one

Mobile phone pocket under the flap

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. It is much appreciated! x