Wednesday 9 May 2012

18th birthday mini album

I hope you have a few minutes to spare as I am afraid this is a bit of a large post, mostly due to the considerable amount of photos! I worked on this album for a full 6 days as I was commissioned for an 18th birthday. I did have to scan and re-print virtually all the photos which took quite a bit of time. 

   

For this album I have used papers called Lime Twist from My Mind's eye collection.  I love their stuff and since I only just acquired this pad it was a perfect opportunity to put the papers to good use.  Actually saying that the front cover and back cover papers are from the same designer but from the 29thStreet Market pad.


You will have recognised the Tim Holtz Hardware Finding die cuts which were heat embossed first with silver powder then gold. I sanded them to make them look old and rustic and inked with crushed olive and walnut distressed inks.
The numbers are wooden which I tinted with walnut distress ink and then added ModPodge for shine. The metal letters for the name are from Making Memories - I think - but the label is no longer present so I can't be sure.
The wired word "Happy" is my own creation and the metal coggs, chains, keys and pin are charms which I had in my jewellery stash!


There are a lot of tags added for the owner to put their own comments so some of them were left blank or with little decoration. The boys' mother wanted some places were she could write dates etc and I think I gave her plenty of that.


This booklet actually opens up and  has a pocket which contains tags left blank.

 
 

The lad is crazy on apple computers so I created his own mini Macbook which closes with velcro and has a picture of him when he was small.

  

These last two pages were left blank so he could add photos from his 18th birthday party. His mother loved the album so much that she made me add two further pages as she hadn't given me pictures of herself with the baby and she felt left out!
Unfortunately I forgot to photograph them...

I did have a major nightmare when it came to binding because with all these pages I didn't have a bind it all wire big enough! Luckily I had those metal rings left over from another project and since they were quite large they fitted perfectly. The added advantage is that they open so when the mum wanted to add pages it wasn't a problem!

Anyway that's all folks so I hope you enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed creating it. Thanks to all of you who gave me ideas for the embellishments which in the end I kept fairly minimal since the papers were so vibrant.





6 comments:

  1. Eh bien tu vois , il ne fallait pas avoir peur lol, superbe ce mini et beau souvenirs pour le jeune homme de ses premières années

    Bravo tu t'en es sorti comme un chef , bisous ma belle

    ReplyDelete
  2. mdr j'ai truffé mon message de fautes lol , quand je suis fatiguée c'est affreux lol , mille excuses

    et re bravo pour ton mini , gros bisous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merci c'est gentil! Moi les fautes, c'est souvent aussi quand je suis fatiguee mais surtout car j'ai de nouvelles lunettes et je ne vois que dalle!! J'arriverai bien a m'y faire un jour mais en attendant c'est pas la gloire!!lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. belle réussite! so lovely, bravo!A+

    ReplyDelete
  5. super album, bien que je suis sure qu'il doit être encore mieux en réalité ! tu avais un tuto ou c'est dans ta tête que tout ça a germé ? en tous cas bravo !! quelle patience mais ça valait le coup !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Non je n'avais pas de patron ça m'est venu petit à petit au fur et à mesure des pages... du coup ma copine est venue hier pour que je l'aide à démarrer celui qu'elle veut faire pour son diplome d'école de danse... va y avoir du tutu et des chaussons dans l'air...

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. It is much appreciated! x