Thursday 10 November 2011

Boy's card

I am really bad at male cards. I like glitter and pink and everything cute ... not really every boy's dream idea of a cool card. He is at this awkward teen-age when Power Rangers are definetely out, so are Batman and Spiderman - aaah these were the days.... So I found myself short of time and short of ideas for this one. It turned out much more grown up than I anticipated but still I managed to keep the glitter under control so I guess he should be grateful for that at least! My other half "supportive" comment was "it's a bit drab for a young boy"... thanks love I just needed that boost to my confidence in my moment of doubt! Never mind you can be the judge...

The large label is cut with Tim Holtz movers and shapers "styled labels" from the Alterations range and stamped with my latest fiskars stamps "Henna petals" (it's beautiful and one of my favourites at the moment). The papers " Desert Blooms" are from First Edition Papers - if you like shabby chic you'll love these! In fact I am very reluctant to use them because they are too beautiful to cut out.... Don't laugh I bet you do that too!   The tags are Sizzix sislits "tag set - small".  All edges were inked to give it the aged look so popular at the moment with a combination of distressed ink from the rangers collection.
Here is my fiskars favourite of the moment and when I have time I might even add images of embossed flowers produced with the flower supplied. The photo really doesn't do it any justice....





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. It is much appreciated! x