Thursday 10 May 2012

Look who's been busy....

During the Easter break I decided I needed to sort out the dining room. The room was last decorated 6 or 7 years ago (doesn't time fly...) and was frankly looking shabby and not in a "chic" way!! We'd had a leak two years ago from the kids encounter with an angry shower hose... and the ceiling had never been repainted since. Recently the guttering broke and water starting to leak on the outside wall leaving the wall so wet that the paint started to peel inside.  Anyway as you can see it was sorry state of affairs!


The children were allowed to rip the paper off the wall - which they felt was a great priviledge since I have been telling them to keep dirty hands OFF my wallpaper for the last 6 years... They thought it was great fun so I let them carry on and in no time I had a clear canvas!

Table before and after...




It took me 5 days of hard work to change the room from this (above) to this ( below). Everything in reach got a few coats of paint including table and chairs. The only problem is that after having had such a vibrant room for so long I am finding my new room a bit bland! I need pictures and decorations but at the moment I am too busy to see to it so it will have to wait.. Maybe you can give me some ideas?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. It is much appreciated! x