Friday 9 December 2011

My Christmas wreath

In my previous post I was admiring some very beautiful homemade wreaths and I finally decided to have a go and made this one:





My sister found the tutorial here:http://hobbydoos-anneke.blogspot.com/2011/11/turtorial-krans-met-pedaalemmerzakken.html if you feel inspired. It's in Dutch but every step is in picture too so it's easy to understand.
I used white pedal bin liners. You have to cut the sealed end off and then just tie the bag around the ring. Secure it with a tight knot and keep going until the whole ring is covered. Once all the bags are in place, start opening them one by one and "fluffing" them up as you do.  And you're done. Then just add the decorations you fancy to make it more colourful or just keep it plain for a simple clean look.
It took about two hours just to wrap all the plastic bags on the polysterene ring (didn't have a twig one!).  Well worth having a go!

2 comments:

  1. Hello and nice to meet you, je suis Marjanne une copine d'Evlin,j'adore ton interpretion de la couronne sac poubelle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    Very beautiful wreath and great idea with the bin bags. I found your blog through Evlin.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. It is much appreciated! x